We need to keep this one vital fact in mind absolutely at all times that our driving decisions are solely based on our clean and unrestricted view of the road. And we don’t give much importance to this until we end up driving in rain or are blinded by glare. So it is of utmost importance that we check windshield/ wiper condition before we start our journey and look for potential problems.
Common Wiper Problems
Wearing: This is a common occurrence when your wipers are aged and their rubber edges are rounded instead of squared.
Splitting: When the sun’s UV rays penetrate the rubber squeegee it causes rubber to breakdown and then it eventually separates from the frame.
Streaking: This happens when the rubber squeegee dries, then slowly harden and at last cracks.This could also be due to the collection of foreign substances on either the glass or the blade.
Skipping: This happens when your blade develops a curvature due to lack of use.
How to Keep Car Wipers Maintained
- First and foremost clean your windshield thoroughly every time you take your car out.
- Carefully wipe the rubber squeegee of your wiper with a wet paper towel to remove dirt or grime.
- Check the wiper area thoroughly for possible leaks in the washer fluid tank and tubes.
- Look for any jammed spray nozzles that might restrict the water flow.
- Every once in a while change your wiper blades for smooth functioning .
- It is advisable to clean your windshield with some repellent.
- Check your washer fluid pump for any possible problems.
In case you still witness any Spare Part problem, don’t forget to visit www.bpautosparesindia.com.