Ice or snow create hazardous road conditions that are considered dangerous to drive in. But still you can explore the icy mountains in the harshest winter conditions or plan a short trip to an icy city by simply taking care of few things. Ice driving is blissful but is often packed with lots of pros and cons that everybody must adhere to. There are few techniques you can use to make sure you stay as safe as you possibly can while driving in snow.
Here are few safety tips compiled by BP Auto Spares India, a leading name in spare parts industry, delivering Suzuki Alto Parts, SX4 parts, Celerio parts to customers across globe, to help you master the art of snow driving. Let’s dive straight in.
- Inspect all local speed limits, no matter what the weather conditions are. Always keep control of your vehicle to avoid sudden misbalances and ice potholes.
- Don’t apply sudden brakes. Front and rear tires jam easily, especially when you insert too much pressure at once.
- When driving in snow, be easy on acceleration to keep from spinning out of control.
- When your visibility is restricted, which is often in these conditions, drive with your low beams on.
- Use your car’s heater and fan simultaneously with the AC to keep your windshields clear for unrestricted view.
- Avoid sudden braking when going around a corner. Brake before hitting the turn and then gradually accelerate out of it.
- Try to keep your car in one gear and only switch gears when you have to. Kick start in first or second gear before ascending or descending.
- When visibility is very bad and you can’t even make out the road safety markers before you, pull off to the side and turn on your hazard lights.
For more tips and advice, visit Bp Auto Spares India blog section or simply contact us. We are available 24×7.