Want to explore the wilderness of the deserts in hot summer days? Want to touch those icy mountains in the harsh winter conditions? Then you must prepare your car, most importantly your tires for such thrilling expeditions. Tires are an integral part of a car, a safety feature and the only contact between your car and the pavement below. Make sure you opt for tires that give excellent control over your vehicle, no matter the conditions you are subjecting them to.
Bp Auto Spares India, a leading dealer of auto spares in India including Spare Parts For Tata Telcoline, TATA Indica and TATA Indigo, have put together a list of 6 tips for getting more out of your tires off-road.
Let’s open the Pandora box!
- One thing that is most important and extremely common but is rarely adhered to is that you should drive carefully. This means not subjecting your vehicle to sharp cornering, rapid acceleration and sudden braking, which puts a lot of strain on your tires both in short and long-term sense. Driving a 4WD doesn’t imply that your vehicle isn’t prone to wear and tear.
- Applying brakes when you have just hit the potholes or other obstructions will not help you. Apply the brake as you approach and then release it just before hitting it. This will allow your tires to roll during impact, which in turn will diminish the possibility of external damage.
- In addition to the above point, in case you hit an extremely large pothole or object during your travels, take your car for tire inspection upon return. Collision incidents can cause internal damage to the tires that often goes unnoticed.
- Overloading your car will only put uncalled for strain on your tires and is a disaster waiting to happen. When your car is stuffed to the brim, the excessive weight can create heat inside your tires, resulting in sudden tire failures. Never try to cross the optimum load rating of your tires, which you can find on the side walls of the tire.
- Treat your tires properly even when you are not using them. Store them in a cool, dry place away from excessive heat or sunlight. Because too much heat or sunlight will deteriorate the rubber and compromise your tires’ longevity.
Just follow these 5 tire maintenance mantras and they are ready to hit any kind of weather conditions.