With its head office in Munich in Germany, the MAN Truck & Bus AG is an eminent manufacturer of commercial vehicles, including coaches, trucks, diesel & natural-gas engines, and more.
The trucks get manufactured at various sites. The heavy range trucks are produced in Munich, Salzgitter, & Krakow, light & medium range ones are manufactured in Steyr, and special-purpose vehicles are made in Vienna.
In India, MAN Trucks India Pvt. Ltd was formed in the year 2006, and in 2012 the company was taken over by MAN Truck & Bus AG.
We list below some of the most popular cargo models in India
- CLA 49.280 6×4 Prime Mover: Powered by a MAN D-0836 mill, this model musters a maximum power of 280 HP (206 kW) at 2400 r/min with a maximum speed of 78 KMPH. It flaunts a telescopic & adjustable power steering ZF-8043 and S-Cam, Dual circuit brakes.
- CLA 49.220 Prime Mover: Equipped with a MAN D-0836 – LFL 17 engine this model comes with the same steering and brake specifications as that mentioned above. This vehicle promises to give a maximum speed of 75 KMPH with a maximum power of 220 HP (162 kW) at 2400 r/min.
- CLA 40.280 4×2 Prime Mover: This truck also comes with a MAN D-0836 engine and it generates a maximum power of 280 HP (206 kW) at 2400 r/min with a max speed of 88 KMPH. Overall it is a sturdy vehicle which looks good too.
- CLA 40.220 4×2 Prime Mover: Powered by the same engine as its peers, this model yields 220 HP (162 kW) at 2400 r/min with a maximum speed of 83 KMPH.
- MAN CLA 31.220 8×2 Chassis with Cab: With a max power of 220 HP (162 kW) @ 2400 r/min and a max speed of 89 KMPH, this vehicle boasts of 31000 kgs GVW. A heavy vehicle, it promises a good performance.
- CLA 25.220 6×2 Chassis with Cabin: This vehicle gives a maximum speed of 84 KMPH with maximum power of 220 HP (162 kW) at 2400 r/min.